Truck Accidents and Catastrophic Injuries
Every year, thousands of truck accidents occur in California. These accidents can cause significant damage to property and lead to catastrophic injuries that can have life-altering consequences for victims and their families.
If you have been injured in a truck accident in California, our team of personal injury attorneys is here to help. Our experienced attorneys have been helping clients recover damages after truck accidents for years.
California Truck Accidents: Causes and Types of Accidents
California has a high volume of commercial truck traffic due to its busy ports, highways, and freeways. Truck accidents in California can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Driver Error – Truck drivers may be tired, distracted, or impaired while on the road. They may also violate traffic laws, such as speeding or failing to yield the right-of-way.
- Equipment Failure – Truck accidents can also be caused by equipment failures, such as faulty brakes, tire blowouts, or steering malfunctions.
- Overloaded Trucks – Trucks that are overloaded or improperly loaded can be difficult to maneuver and may cause accidents.
Truck accidents can occur in many different ways, each resulting in unique circumstances and injuries. The following are some of the most common types of truck accidents that can result in catastrophic injuries:
- Truck Collisions – Collisions can result in catastrophic injuries. These accidents occur when a truck collides with another vehicle, pedestrian, or object. The consequences of a collision can be severe, particularly if the other vehicle involved is a passenger car or motorcycle.
- Jackknife Trucking Accidents – One of the most dangerous types of trucking accidents is a jackknife accident. This occurs when the trailer of a semi-truck swings out to the side, forming an acute angle with the tractor. Jackknife accidents typically occur when the driver brakes suddenly or swerves to avoid an obstacle. When this happens, the weight of the trailer can cause it to swing out of control, leading to a potentially deadly situation.
- Truck Rollover Accidents – Another common type of truck accident is a rollover accident. This type of accident occurs when a truck tips over onto its side or roof. Rollover accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including speeding, overloading, improperly loaded cargo, and sudden turns of evasive maneuvers.
Rollover accidents can be particularly dangerous because they can result in the truck spilling its cargo onto the road, which can cause additional accidents and injuries.
No matter the accident type, the truck driver or the trucking company may be held liable for damages if they are found to have been negligent in their duties. If you are seeking a PI Attorney in Thousand Oaks or anywhere across the state of California, a reputable accident lawyer can help.
Catastrophic Injuries From Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can cause a wide range of catastrophic injuries, including:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – When a person suffers a traumatic brain injury, the consequences can be life-altering. TBIs can result in cognitive impairment, memory loss, personality changes, and more. TBIs are a common injury in truck accidents, and victims may require ongoing medical care and rehabilitation.
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI) – Truck accidents can cause spinal cord injuries that result in partial or total paralysis. Victims of SCI may require ongoing medical care, assistive devices, and modifications to their homes to accommodate their disability.
- Broken Bones – Truck accidents can cause bone fractures that range from minor to severe. Fractures to the ribs, pelvis, and legs can be especially dangerous and may require surgery and extended rehabilitation.
- Internal Injuries – Truck accidents can also cause internal injuries that may not be immediately apparent. These injuries include internal bleeding, organ damage, and other life-threatening conditions.
Truck accidents can have devastating consequences for victims, particularly in catastrophic injuries. When these injuries occur, victims may require extensive medical care, rehabilitation, and ongoing support to adjust to their new way of life. That is why it is important to seek legal representation from an attorney.
Our PI Attorney in Thousand Oaks Can Help You
If you have been injured in a truck accident in California, it is essential to seek legal representation from an experienced California truck accident lawyer with years of experience representing clients who have been injured in truck accidents. Mark S. Glazer, APC, will investigate the accident to determine fault, calculate the damages for your claim, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you in court if needed.
Whether you need a PI Attorney in Thousand Oaks or Calabasas when you have been injured in a truck accident in California, contact Mark S. Glazer, APC, today. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will fight to protect your rights and help you recover the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a consultation.